1970s

Glenn
I'm big time into the 70s music.
Greatest decade of all time I think.
my younger Brother thinks the 80s
were the best, my next older Brother
to me thinks the 60s were the best
and my oldest Brother says the 50s
were the best. I still think I'm right
with the 70s being the very best.
You'll never beat the 70s music.

Glenn

Re: 1970s

Wayne D
I have to go with the brother that thinks the sixties were the best, because they WERE.  Think about it, do you honestly think that you would be enjoying all that good seventies music if The Beatles, Stones etc. hadn't changed rock & roll in the sixties?  You would still be listening to Bobby Rydell, Frankie Avalon and all those dudes.

My personal favorite part of the sixties was the psychedelic years, what I remember of them (LOL).  But they sure changed the future of rock & roll.

Re: 1970s

Glenn
Oh yes Wayne I have thought about it, if the Beatles and Stones  etc. wouldn't have come along, some other group would have.
But I look at things differently than you, Elvis of course started it all, the Beatles improved on it, and by the 70s bands were so bloody good that the Beatles just couldn't keep up anymore so they broke up. But you noticed how The wings then started up and followed in the footsteps of other great bands of the 70s.

Re: 1970s

Wayne D
Let's get one thing straight first Glenn, I love 1970's music and I have TONS of it.  It's just that I prefer the 1960's, especially from The Beatles on.

As for Elvis, he did not start it all because rock & roll was already getting very popular before he came on the scene.  He just gave it the big push that it needed.  But I have lived through both decades, before and after the sixties, and I have listened to the music from both, and I personally think that the sixties was the best.  The 1970's were basically just an extension of the 1960's, just different tunes, that's all.  But, like I said, if rock an roll had not changed in the 1960's it wouldn't have been the same in the next two decades.  Take the time to llisten to some of the nuggets from the mid-1960's and you may just find that you like the stuff, who knows?  Another thing too, if you look at the history of many 1970's groups you will find that a lot of the musicians in them actually started out in the 1960's.  Also, you may be surprised to discover how many songs from the 70's (and the 60's) have actually been released earlier by other artists, some of which may have been bigger hits if they had gotten the same exposure as they did later on.

Another reason why you prefer 70's music over the 60's is because you were not THERE in the 60's. Well, maybe you were but most kids don't get involved with radio and records until they are in or approaching their teens and what decade was that for you?  Oh yeah, the 1970's.  Think about it, I'll bet if you ask everyone you know which decade was their favorite, they will say whatever decade it was when they were teenagers.

However, both the 1960's and the 1970's (plus the 80's) were very good years as far as music goes.

Wayne