2012 Singles

Martin
... haven't got very far yet - and hit a query.

Anyone know exactly what charted 10/03/2012 @ 100? OCC has it as

Beautiful People - Turn Up The Music

but can't find it on discogs or allmusic. I wonder if it's something to do with

Chris Brown - Turn Up The Music / Beautiful People as performed at the Grammy's a few weeks earlier?

https://hiphopdx.com/news/id.18645/title.chris-brown-performs-turn-up-the-music-beautiful-people-at-the-2012-grammy-awards#signup

cheers,
Martin

Re: 2012 Singles

Wazzer150864
Administrator
Morning Martin,

The Beautiful People was the name of one of those covers bands Spotify used a few years back cover chart hits. Many of these charted ahead of the real issue appearing on Spotify.

Here is the track:

https://www.sendspace.com/pro/dl/6dbrt0

Enjoy!

Paul

Re: 2012 Singles

Martin
Thanks Paul,

I only logged in to spotify for the first time a few weeks ago - didn't know they were into such desperate practices ...

Re: 2012 Singles

Martin
Nearly done 2012 - it's a lot less hassle than the '90s! However, got to the W's and came across

We are Young Sisters - We Are Young

which is on Paul's want list. After a bit of googling, and assuming its's another cover band I found this on Spotify

https://open.spotify.com/album/3NnlsBrpA6TCy5MHsS3wej

https://www.sendspace.com/file/8omcsd

Wha'da ya think?

cheers,
Martin

Re: 2012 Singles

Wazzer150864
Administrator
Looks like the one Martin, great find!

Paul

Re: 2012 Singles

Martin
2012 completed.

Nothing completely missing, I found both the Cover singles on Paul's wants list. Just the two Pet Shop Boys mixes from Paul's still missing.

These are the 2012 New Entries I needed extra to Paul/Les's loads; as before they are mostly positions 76-100 + mixes etc.

https://www.sendspace.com/file/uygpyw

https://www.sendspace.com/file/stzmyv

https://www.sendspace.com/file/9gipkg

and the Re-entries from earlier years - which you will almost certainly have, but included for completeness/just in case (mainly caused by me working backwards in time!)

https://www.sendspace.com/file/it8mnz

Back to 1998 - need to finish by the end of 2018!

cheers,
Martin
Sam

Re: 2012 Singles

Sam
Administrator
Many thanks you two

I thought this was the missing single

http://www.filefactory.com/folder/edab71b5b63acdb2

Re: 2012 Singles

Martin
Hi Sam,

I think yours is the original Fun/Janelle MonĂ¡e version - at least that's what Soundhound thinks - and listening to all three it does sound the same.

However, to confuse matters, Soundhound thinks the one I uploaded is by a group called Summertime Sadness, who don't exist on Discogs... which I got from spotify under a completely different name.

Re: 2012 Singles

Wazzer150864
Thanks Martin. So allowing yourself a whole year to complete 1998 eh? It's not an episode of 24 you know, filmed in real time!

Re: 2012 Singles

Martin
Halfway through the A's - already lost the will to live - thank god that digital downloads & streaming brought an end to CD singles and multiple mixes!