Ladies of the Night

I use the word “Ladies” in the loosest sense of the word ...

As you can see,
I am “Banning” the culprits,
But .......
As Nabble states ....
They can come back as another user ...

I think it is probably a robot spammer which scans and adds every so often ..

Unfortunately there is very little I can do apart from check and delete every few hours ..

If the problem persists then I may ask for additional Admin in other countries ..
This could give us greater coverage over the whole day to remove spam ...

Sometimes I actually sleep ..
And can’t check the posts ....

If anyone knows of any way to automatically delete or block...
Please speak up ...
Cheers ...

Les65 ...

Lol..
Sorry ...
No pictures for your “ dubious” entertainment ...
Apart from ...
Me In The Shower ...

Re: Ladies of the Night

Apparently, there may be a way around it ..

However, it will mean everyone must introduce themselves register before posting ...

DETAILS SEEM TO BE ...

Create a sub-forum with a name such as "introduce Yourself" and in this area's description explain that all new users must post here before they get permission to post elsewhere. Point out that this is a manual process so may take time for a response. Pin this area and place it near the top of list of sub-forums. Also refer to the area in the description of the main forum page.

At the top level of your forum remove the "Create_topic" and "Reply" permissions from both "Anyone" and "Registered" and add the "Members" group. Now go to the "Introduce Yourself" area and remove those two permissions from the "Members" group and add them to the "Registered" group.

You will now need to add all those posting acceptable messages in the "Introduce Yourself" area to the "Members" group. It's worth subscribing to the "Introduce Yourself" area so you get instant alerts that let you know when spammers have posted so you can delete their posts and ban them and so you can add those who you want to accept to the "Members" group as quickly as possible. It's also worth sending a welcome email to those you accept to let them know they can now post in the forum.

I will monitor the situation for a short period before implementing a full registration system ...