Lost Jukebox error messages

MrMusicMan
Hello again, Les...here, as I promised, is the list of "Lost Jukebox" volumes that return the "need to be re-uploaded" message.  I've checked them all twice...and one of them (169), which returned that error yesterday, downloaded just fine today!  There's a bunch, so prepare yourself...but they're all in the first 125!

003
004
005
012
019
020
030
037
038
053
054
058
061
062
068
081
083
084
093
099
102
107
112
118
122

25 of them--one-ninth (or just over 11%) of the entire collection have been FileFactoryForgotten!  Everything after these, though, comes down just fine.  And, again, there's really no hurry--you've got a LOT on your plate right now, and you've especially got your lady to take care of--she deserves every bit of attention and focus that you can give her.  So I'll be happy to bide my time...and once again send you a great big THANK YOU for all the work you do on this site!

By the way--the handle "MrMusicMan" is not just wishful thinking--I've got a record collection of over 200,000 discs, so if there is anything (generally before 1985, and mostly U. S. releases) that you're looking for, please don't hesitate to let me know (but I will say that I already looked for all the remixes you're missing, and came up empty).  All the best to you and your partner in the meantime!

Cheers,
MrMusicMan

Re: Lost Jukebox error messages

Thanks for your best wishes ..

Watching tv tonight,
so have queued up all the
Lost Jukebox files to upload over night ..

Have added
...replaced 21 OCT '16
after the file name to identify the new uploads ..

Have a few hard drives here,
so not found the Mother F ones yet ..
They will turn up eventually ..

Regards
Les

Sent from my iPad

On 21 Oct 2016, at 21:03, MrMusicMan [via LOADSAMUSICS ARCHIVES FORUM] <[hidden email]> wrote:

[...]

http://loadsamusics-archives-forum.2292635.n4.nabble.com/Lost-Jukebox-error-messages-tp4663910.html
To start a new topic under REPORT BROKEN LINKS, email [hidden email]
To unsubscribe from LOADSAMUSICS ARCHIVES FORUM, click here.
NAML

Re: Lost Jukebox error messages

Re: Lost Jukebox error messages

MrMusicMan
Thank you AGAIN...just now getting the message, since for some reason it didn't forward to my email like the others did.

I know what you mean about "they'll show up sometime"--I have 15 hard drives full here, and sometimes things DO get a bit misplaced!

Hope your lady is doing well, and that you've been able to make the house better able for her to move around in, too.

Again, all the best, and Cheers!

--The Warped Vinyl Junkie

Re: Lost Jukebox error messages

MrMusicMan
Thank you again!  Just a heads-up...apparently 093 didn't make it and is still broken.

Again, I appreciate all your hard work...these are indeed gems.

TWVJ

Re: Lost Jukebox error messages

MrMusicMan
Slow down, Les...don't repost just 93 yet...I'm finding a few more problems you may be able to fix.  I'm trying to unzip them all tonight so I'll know what the problems are, so once I get a fuller list, I'll let you know more.

First of all, don't know if you know this, but it's a nice little piece of trivia: "Waltz for a Pig," track 1 on volume 16, shown (on the flipside of the U. S. release, with an edited lyric, of "Substitute") as by the Who, is actually by the Graham Bond Organization.  Scratch a music lover, you'll find a trivia nut.

Okay--here's what I've found so far.  And I won't get through all of them tonight, so I'll post an addendum (or more than one addenda) to this message as I get them done.  And I know that some of the problems may be with whatever zip files reside on your computer, and you may not be able to fix them--that's okay, too, and I just want to alert you if that's the case.  But I downloaded fresh copies of every single zip file that had any errors that I could find just to make sure the problem wasn't one with my download or my computer.

For example, 001 is returning an error message (Unspecified error: 0x80004005) making it unable to be unzipped.

In 003, "18 - Four Jacks & A Jill - Hey Mister" (man, I love their "Master Jack" track SO much) cuts off abruptly at 1:09 and has no imbedded ID tags--looks like it's damaged.

In 004, "28 - Florence Henderson - Conversations" is damaged in a way I can't describe except to say it's certainly not recognizable as one song; it shows a length of 1:08 and also lacks ID tags.

008 returns the same error messages as 001.

024 returns the same error messages as 001.

In 030, "09-eternity's children - rumors (1967)" is also damaged: it starts partway into a song, and contains the beginning of another song (not track 10).  It shows a length of 1:07 and lacks ID tags.

031 returns two different error message--opening, that it is invalid, and extracting, that it is empty.

041 returns the same error messages as 001.

047 returns the same error messages as 001.

050 returns the same error messages as 001.

Unfortunately, due to other responsibilities here, that's as far as I'm able to go tonight.  I'll try to get more done tomorrow, but in the meantime you can check these if and when you have an opportunity.

I hate to be such a nasty little pest, but I know you're proud of your web presence (as you should be!), so I hope you just look at me as trying to help as I can.  Remember, if you're looking for anything from vinyl before 1986 or so, just let me know and I'll do what I can, as well.

Thank you again, and Cheers.  All the best to you and your lady.

MrMusicMan (The Warped Vinyl Junkie)

Re: Lost Jukebox error messages

MrMusicMan
Back to the list...see how many I can get done before real life intrudes today.  Let's see...we got through 50 so far.

In 054, there are two tracks that have the similar problem to the Shirley Jones: "03 - Shawn Elliott - The Joker" (length 1:41, no ID tags) and "12 - The Glory Rhodes - She's A Big Girl Now" (length 1:32, no ID tags).

In 061, "23-the here and now - i still care for you (1969)" shares similar problems, and shows a time of 1:34 and no ID tags.

In 062, "18-the strawberry street singers - sing me a rainbow (1968)" starts midway through the Carpenters's version of "Please Mr. Postman," and shows a length of 1:12 and no ID tags.

From this point on, I'm going to quit mentioning running times and stating that the songs have no ID tags--this seems to be a recurring theme, and all the running times seem to center, for some reason, around a minute-and-a-half (odd, isn't it?).

068 has several with problems: "01-the waterproof tinker toy - this and that (1968)," "06-kenny o'dell - springfield plane (1968)," "08-the bleus - i just don't know what to do with myself (1968)," "14-the jaggerz - (that's why) i love you (1968)," "19-rumpelstilskin kartoon - last night! (1968)," and "20-the castels - i'd like to know (1968)."

079 returns the same error messages as 001.

081 has four tracks damaged: "03-jimmy griffin - he will break your heart (1966)," "09-the eyes of blue - supermarket full of cans (1967)," "23-pagliaro - lovin' you ain't easy (1971)," and "25-the p.j.'s - I like the way (1972)."

083 has five tracks damaged: "01-shean & jenkyns - goofy footer ho-dad (1963)," "08-gil & johnny - come on sunshine (1966)," "12-the otkens - green plant (1967)," "19-robert john - who could ever believe it (1969)," and "22-pastrami malted - hello, boston! (1969)."

In 084, there is one bad track: "30-the mystic monks - misty flowers (1967)."

097 has one bad track, too--but it's a little different.  It's number 29, "Turn Back the Hands of Time (Gotta Have You Back)" by Reunion, and it does not extract from the archive at all, but returns the same error code as does the whole of 001 (and several zip files listed, as well): 0x80004005--unspecified error.

On 118, "29-michael brown - circles (1972)" is damaged, and although it's extractable, it's not playable in VLC (haven't tried any other programs).

Another little piece of trivia--number 24 on volume 87, Terry Jacks's "A Good Thing Lost," is apparently the mono fold-down of a track on the Poppy Family (Featuring Susan Jacks)'s "Which Way You Goin', Billy?" LP of 1970...I wouldn't have known this, except I think it's one of the best "forgotten" albums of that year (or most of the early '70s), as was their followup, "Poppy Seeds."  Two absolutely fantastic albums--have you heard them?  Funny that it was issued on the Parrot label, since the LPs (and Poppy Family singles) were on London; BTW, its flipside (on volume 81) is a non-LP track, and a little more lightweight than the LP tracks.

Re: Lost Jukebox error messages

MrMusicMan
Whoops!  Hit the "post message" button before I was ready to!

Almost had a heart attack when I extracted 125 and saw NO tags at all...then I tried it all out and realized it was fine, but that the files just had never been tagged!  So, 125 is just fine...same with 127, 128, etc....whew!  And I see from 129 that someone's been using OTS audio...I should try to get that back; used it when I was DJing a few years ago, then had a computer meltdown about the same time I quit DJing, so it's long gone.  It was a great program...I don't know if it's still even in production!

This is not really a broken link problem, but the titles on 133 seem to be really screwed up--many (I haven't listened to all) of the tracks are mistitled.  I'll try to do a scope-out on this and see if I can figure out just what the problem is.

162 has a very odd problem.  All 29 tracks unzip just fine, and track 29 (the bonus track by the Cyrkle) plays fine for 1:14 (although VLC shows it as 1:35 long)--but Windows refuses to recognize it as an MP3 file or show its ID tags (which are embedded, according to VLC).  Windows also lists its length as 1:23.  The problem seems to be something in the file itself at 1:14, according to dBPowerAmp--or, since it fades out at that point, that may be its actual length.  Since you've already said you don't have the CDs, and didn't do the MP3 extraction yourself, there may be no way for you to check this, but I did want you to be aware of it, should someone else wonder about it in the future.

Well, I've managed to get through 175 today, so that's where we're at...the problems seem to get fewer and fewer as the files get newer and newer...and only another 50 to go, so I've got my fingers crossed!

Cheers!
MMM/TWVJ

Re: Lost Jukebox error messages

MrMusicMan
Not sure what happened THIS time...started a message, and the whole browser disappeared.  Anyway, I hope this will be the last message dealing with the Lost Jukebox errors.

In 180, track 26 ("Blue," by Judy and the P. T. S.) returns the same error message as the entirety of 001 (Unspecified error: 0x80004005).

In 222, "29 - Clearly Perfect - Battle Hymn Of The Republic (Traditional)" is silent (not, I'm sure, by design) from 0:36 to 1:00.  Since you've said you got these rips from elsewhere, I'm guessing there's not much you can do about this one, either.  Shame, too--it's a pretty intense version.  Going looking for a copy of this on Discogs; if I'm successful, I'll replace both sides for the collection--the other side ["The Nixorcist" by Perfectly Clear] is VERY worn on volume 208.  UPDATE: The only copies available are promos, with "The Nixorcist" on both sides...not exactly what I'm looking for.  Ho, hum...

You already know about the missing tracks in the later tracks, so there's no reason for me to reiterate all that here.  So, here's a synopsis of what we've got:

COMPLETELY UNZIPPABLE or DOWNLOADABLE:
001
008
024
031
041
047
050
079
093

BAD or UNZIPPABLE TRACKS:
003, "18 - Four Jacks & A Jill - Hey Mister"
004, "28 - Florence Henderson - Conversations"
030, "09-eternity's children - rumors (1967)"
054, "03 - Shawn Elliott - The Joker"
054, "12 - The Glory Rhodes - She's A Big Girl Now"
061, "23-the here and now - i still care for you (1969)"
062, "18-the strawberry street singers - sing me a rainbow (1968)"
068, "01-the waterproof tinker toy - this and that (1968)"
068, "06-kenny o'dell - springfield plane (1968)"
068, "08-the bleus - i just don't know what to do with myself (1968)"
068, "14-the jaggerz - (that's why) i love you (1968)"
068, "19-rumpelstilskin kartoon - last night! (1968)"
068, "20-the castels - i'd like to know (1968)"
081, "03-jimmy griffin - he will break your heart (1966)"
081, "09-the eyes of blue - supermarket full of cans (1967)"
081, "23-pagliaro - lovin' you ain't easy (1971)"
081, "25-the p.j.'s - I like the way (1972)"
083, "01-shean & jenkyns - goofy footer ho-dad (1963)"
083, "08-gil & johnny - come on sunshine (1966)"
083, "12-the otkens - green plant (1967)"
083, "19-robert john - who could ever believe it (1969)"
083, "22-pastrami malted - hello, boston! (1969)"
084, "30-the mystic monks - misty flowers (1967)"
097, "29-reunion - Turn Back the Hands of Time (Gotta Have You Back) (1972)"
118, "29-michael brown - circles (1972)"
180, "26 Judy and The P.T.S. - Blue (1971)"
222, "29 - Clearly Perfect - Battle Hymn Of The Republic (Traditional)"

So, there's the all-in-one-piece collection of what can be fixed (if you're of a mind to) as far as the Lost Jukebox collection goes...and, in any case, I'm tickled by what you've made available for us all...you're indeed a marvel.  Thanks again, and the best to you and your lady!

Cheers,
MMM/TWVJ

Re: Lost Jukebox error messages

I have deleted all the files in file Factory ...

I am just going to re-zip from what I have ..!!

Any errors then I cannot obviously correct ..

Any tagging ..
People should be able to do themselves from the Text file ...!!

With my partner in hospital and visits,
I cannot see myself able to spend any time checking individual tracks ..

Chat to Dusty ..
He had access to files from another source..
More than likely the same as mine but worth asking ..

Start another ..
REQUEST TRACKS here post for files that are dodgy,
and see if we can get better versions ...

Incidently,
I have a cracked version of the OMX file user !!!
Still works ..!!
Email me at my own email address ..
I'll send you a link ..

I NEED A COPY OF 006 ...
Mine has ...
disappeared ..!!!
Uploading
1to 10 overnight hopefully ..
Without ..
#006 ...

Re: Lost Jukebox error messages

MrMusicMan
Hope I got the right email address--if I didn't, let me know at jessicasfan@fastmail.fm--and sent a copy of 006.zip...too big for an attachment, but Microsoft says it'll get there through something called "OneDrive"...if it doesn't, let me know and I'll repost it to FileFactory for you.

Again, there's really NO HURRY for any of this...you've got a LOT to deal with now, so put all this on the back burner till you have time to deal with it--I CERTAINLY don't want to cause you any more headaches than you already have!

Cheers,
TWVJ
Sam

Re: Lost Jukebox error messages

Sam
Administrator
It's only John Smiths that gives Les an headache

There are a group of people who have been collecting these for a long time now and I think they are still about 10 tracks missing
The volumes have been posted on the newsgroup at certain times but I think most of them are the same copies just been compressed and uncompressed which does reduce the quality of them

A lot of the problems that Les has is that Filefactory and other share sites removes files

Glad you like Les's site

Sam

Re: Lost Jukebox error messages

Peter

Here is track track 26 ("Blue," by Judy and the P. T. S.)
from 180

https://www.sendspace.com/file/7k8mfo

Enjoy!

Re: Lost Jukebox error messages

Peter
Here are tracks 3,9,23,25
from vol. 81

https://www.sendspace.com/file/l0qywy

Enjoy!

Re: Lost Jukebox error messages

MrMusicMan
Thanks for the kind words, Sam...and thank you very much for the uploads, Peter!  Hope to keep seeing more of y'all in days to come...Les is really a marvel, and I'm glad I finally found his site after all these years.

Once I get my computer situation straightened out (multiple HD failures, etc.), I hope to be able to get collections of the US top 100 through the years to match the UK collections he already has posted (if he's interested)...if not, I'll just do what I can when I can to help with what's needed.

Cheers to all,
MMM/TWVJ

Re: Lost Jukebox error messages

Peter
Here is track 29 from vol 118
michael brown - circles (1972)

https://www.sendspace.com/file/pdflpf

Enjoy!

Re: Lost Jukebox error messages

Peter
Here is Lost Jukebox vol 31

https://www.sendspace.com/file/ojb1l4

Enjoy!

Re: Lost Jukebox error messages

Peter
And here is
track 29 from vol 97

Reunion - Turn Back the Hands of Time (Gotta Have You Back) (1972)

https://www.sendspace.com/file/5ksyvo

Enjoy!

Re: Lost Jukebox error messages

MrMusicMan
Many thanks for all the bits, pieces, and folders!  Y'all are all great folks to help this pop fan out.

--
  Jessica's Fan

http://www.fastmail.com - Access all of your messages and folders
                          wherever you are